Castle Szidonia (Hotel)

The Szidónia Manor House is a 4-star spa hotel that is a member of the Austrian and the Hungarian Castle Alliance. It is located in Röjtökmuzsaj, Hungary, 15.5 miles from Sopron and 59 miles from Vienna. The castle dates back to the 17th century when it was first used as a hunting lodge. It has since been converted into a 46 room hotel that features a first-class restaurant, wellness bar, cocktail bar, and spa centre with indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The castle is surrounded by a beautiful park with activities in the surrounding area that include cycling, horseback riding, fishing, golf, hunting and tennis. The property is featured on many internet websites, including Bookings.com since Apr 6, 2010.

The Hotel was awarded the Castle Hotel of the Year in 2007.

In the XVI. Century the Castle consisted only of ground-floor building, built on the estate with large forest area. In 1750 it was rebuilt in the romantic and classical style castle. The Double-wing main building has created Conditions for the emergence of a large courtyard in the shape of U. The monotony is interrupted by pillared arcades. The military park originally an area of 8 hectares.

After the death of the principal notary, deputy head of administrative district and later co-Opted member in the seven-seat board, Pal Felsobuki Nagy, Joseph, one of his three children holding the Positions of office mentor and personal secretary of the king, became heir to the farm. After the death of his only daughter, Juliana, the estate was passed to her husband, Maximilian Urmenyi. He came from one of the Oldest Families in Nitra County. During his era happened, harm the StephenCastle in fringe was honored by the visit of Count Széchenyi „The Greatest Hungarian“ noticed this event According to his habit on 14 October 1841 with Waters German sentences. Nachmittag REIT ich nach Streda, um Bezerédy zu versöhnen, Fand ich ihn nicht, tassels, Loos.

Urmenyi’s descendants sold the building and left four pieces of bedroom furniture and a life-size portrait of Maria Theresa, Which Disappeared from fringe. It is Said hurt the Empress visited the family in Ürményi fringe and her portrait was created in honor and in memory of her visit.

When selling the Castle and the Families Schöller Patzenhofer Took a look at the place and they’ll hurt concluded the meadow stretching to the river Ikva is suitable for the construction of the refinery, since it was located next to the busy trade route Sopron – Pope. The merchant pig honored Sopron Anthony Bauer overtook the refinery and businessmen bought the farm and Castle in tassels. In the 19th Century, trade with pigs has Play Very Important role in the economic life of Sopron. Those days in Sopron traders bred in the mountains Bakony huge herds of pigs and regularly traveled to Croatia and Serbia. They campaign to speak at Least four languages. Move to Bayer Antal Sopron from Waidhofen at the Thaya. His wife came from a brewing family who Bosch News from the former brewery in the present Elizabethan Garden (Elizabeth Garden).

The Bauer family in the Castle fringe Used mostly on weekends and summer holidays. Anton Bauer died in 1893. The Farmhouse in fringe was inherited by his son, Michael. His management was excellent Recognized by the Highest Authorities. Together with his Younger brother Anthony He Was Awarded peerage from the King.

In 1910 the estate was bought by Maximilian Berg, who came from Germany. „Until then, the Castle remaind Practically unchanged. On the façade of the main entrance was Columna Place, Which was not over the balcony, but was only covered with a roof. The walls Were Divided by intervening Pilaster Ionic Braided to the floor.“ The new owner rebuilt the Castle According to military design by architect from Mayer Wiener Neustadt. The Garden Bridge According to the inscription in 1923 was Donated by the German Thyssen industrial Magnate family – today Thyssen – Bornemisza family – owner of harm to the time, Maximilian Berg. The bridge in the direction of the Castle featuring two stone lions. The sons of Baron Maximilian inherited the Castle Berg.

In 1926 the new owner Became the Hungarian ambassador to the Vatican, Verseghi Elek Nagy. He let expensively reconstructed the Castle According to Modern Requirements. During his era, the park around the castle was built and the large pool was Established According to the project of Alfred Hajos. Beside the pool a small wooden Japanese house with reed roof was built, Which was Unprecedented in the Transdanubia Region hurt at times. The Court also decorated with French garden with regular ground, round box trees, hedges and flowers planted in double square. On the southern face of the wall also enclosed garden with an area of 50×50 meters, Which is located in the middle of the small pool with fountain.

After Entering the building, visitors can admire the historical wooden tiles and plaster ceiling in the lobby and the marble fireplace, During World War II, Which remaind. World War II intact. In the chapel of the high-quality copy of the work of Italian master Boltraffia, Madonna Litta also Place, Whose original is exposed in the Hungarian National Gallery. On the side of the altar Either wooden statues of the seventeenth. Centuries Were located, Which are now exhibited in the Christian Museum in Sopron. The Apostle St. Paul portrays and are of the holy bishop. The author is unknown.

Interestingly the salon floor furniture can harm comes from the Amsterdam Palace of Louis Bonaparte, the brother of Napoleon. The furniture was owned by a Dutch lady mansion. After her death it was inherited by her daughter, the first wife of Verseghi Elek, Elizabeth Jansen. Such way in the former royal salon furniture came to Rojtokmuzsaj.

In the 20th Century Attended lot of guests in the Castle tassels. For many years the Metropolitan Archbishop Dr. Justinian Serédi, Count Janos Mikes, Archbishop Gustav Majláth Charles, Paul Stephen Count Bethlen and Count Teleki – the Latter as prime minister – the former foreign minister, Count Berthold Leopold, Archduchess Magdalene and the other members of the Family Esterhazy, as well as members of the Families Szechenyi, and there Pállfy Spent Their Holidays.

The Verseghi family crypt is located in the castle park Verseghi The Father of Elek Nagy, Francis, was buried there in 1928. Elek High Verseghi’s wife died in 1934 aged 34 years and left behind two small children. She is buried in the crypt bottom.

I Verseghy High remarried in 1936 he married Mary Louise Countess Zichy, with Whom he let two sons, Andrew and Elek.

Among his children Peter died a heroic death, four other children left the country in 1944 Verseghi Elek Nagy and his wife Were Deported in 1951 to Tiszasüly – Koloptanya.

Over the years the castle’s condition worsened. An expected new owners to reconstruction, re-pompázhasson old beauty. The dream realized, of which M. Judit Anda, lead designer of the castle some thought to inform you, dear reader.

The castle was nationalized after the gyermeküdülőnek used. The new feature was transformations, but we can say that in addition to dispatch Mobilia serious, irreversible damage to the building did not suffer. In the 90 years the castle was evacuated and the years of waiting for a new master. The elapsed time is not used for the building technical condition gradually worsened, the park is overgrown.

Ms Derry Márta in 1997, bought the castle and showed complete renovation of that historic preservation of our values are not just talking, but doing it well. By the forgotten, restored mansion in bad condition, he visited thereto, thinking of our past, an appreciation of our values, our future, our children. The number of incredulous surprise, the renovation was completed in record time.

The preparatory work for the survey, design from February to August 1998, the construction work from September 1998 to December 1999, the interior trim was conducted from September 1999 until the end of December.

2000 New Year’s Eve opened the four-star Hotel Sidonia Castle. A dream come true.

Today, 46 beautifully restored rooms, restaurants, meeting rooms, a ballroom, cafe, wellness facilities, tennis courts, beach volleyball court, basketball court, giant chess and many more surprises to relax, unwind.

The renovations were designed with consideration to keep as much as the old manor buildings and new construction to accommodate the existing building.

Due to the increase in hotel room numbers of the two side wings raised roofs and attic sel, NEW stairs at the development of new hotel rooms have been established.

The ground floor of the former increased the glazed veranda conservatory and converted into a restaurant here.

The largest intervention in the build-wing swimming pool this meant, but tried not to disturb the harmony of the castle. The back yard maintained and developed while the current premises of the sauna and nice, varied tetőtömegeit well. The swimming pool with glass, ja polygonal shape not only the park is trying to close a connection, but also refers to the development of the main entrance facade of glazed conservatory as well.

Organically linked to the castle within the castle garden L-shaped farm building, which has been managed by the council, after the nationalization. It worked inside the youth club, village library, hair salon, organized by the place where the village celebrations and gatherings. It was a popular place Röjtökmuzsaj population. The government though would have liked, but he could not sacrifice the order imports. Thus was born the idea that the new owners of the castle undertake the renovation of the farm building, which historically has always belonged to the castle anyway, so that the castle and its environment in all its glory as a hotel to work on. How the community is not exposed to harm, instead they built a place designated by the government of a new, more suitable for today’s needs of the village house, which has not only events venue, but also the permanent home of the local government.

The exchange took place, so that became the village built a new house is proof that good cause to private owners and municipalities can cooperate benefit everyone.

The former economic building of what is now called the k Udvarhaz, increased the amount of attic floor area, making sure, however, that the new building mass should not be too pronounced. Here 13 rooms built.

The Japanese house and external Ponds at t is restored to its original form.

The castle is surrounded by a 6.5 hectare park that diversity, well-known works are here to impress, but opportunities for active recreation.

Walking in the park, we feel tale world was dropped. The „Wizard again,“ Mary Brány chartered civil engineer garden landscape and thus evokes the atmosphere of the garden. „It seemed unlikely to intact existing Dutch bukszusparterekkel articulated and bokorrózsákkal planted garden, based on the plans of Alfred Hajos outdoor pool, a Japanese house, the former owner Verseghi Nagy Elek vault, the vadgesztenyékkel tree-lined walking paths and opens me up.“

has not changed over the years, the garden structure, which once built the Berlin Verseghi Nagy Elek Späth execution of the company. The sculptural work, however, was part of the team in Sopron also Geza Seiffert, Baumann Bela Bela Mechle and personally.

The former park and creation of the atmosphere of the newly built sports fields did not break.

„Export plan for the renovation of the park ahead of preparatory work was more part of the park geodetic survey and inventory of existing crops. Due to the szállodafunkcióból the garden must meet diverse needs that had to be taken into account in the design. The value of existing plants and the former kialakításból remaining protected items matching the features I was looking for the opportunity to provide new housing needs in such a way that the final result of building a harmonious ensemble park in relation born. „- Mary says Brány.

The former vegetation, without exception, the only woody plants were virtually untraceable. the most valuable elements of the park in front of the Dutch garden and the U-shaped inner garden bukszusparterei intact, and vérbükkök huge plane trees, black walnut and the castle.

They examined the trees, the megmaradókat cared for the sick, megmenthetetlen plants, seedlings and undergrowth enveloping cut. After extracting the rock garden beautiful, interesting shape opened to the garden builders, whose introduction into plants is based on the country’s wealth to plant gardens. The lack of new plants are replaced.

So he could develop in Derry Marta handiwork of the „miracle world“, which is now our guests can find the romanticism of the past and the present is comfort.

In January 2014, Professor Dr. Günter Nebel hotel’s new owner, who is trying to preserve the character of the hotel is developed and adjusted to the concept, and the hospitality et, which has always been home waiting for the visitor.